More Ideas for Meal Prep with Dr. Ren-Fielding, NYU Weight Management Program Bariatric Surgeon
Meal prep is a wonderful tool to use when you want to lose weight. By planning out a week’s worth of meals on a set day, you stay in control of your diet. Last week Dr. Ren-Fielding, NYU Weight Management Program bariatric surgeon, introduced meal prep for weight loss and breakfast ideas. Here, find out additional benefits of meal prepping as well as lunch and dinner ideas.
Benefits of Meal Prep for Weight Loss
Seasoned meal preppers know that the benefits of planning your meals are no joke. For someone who’s new to the meal prep life, it can seem like a tall order. To prepare yourself with the basics for beginning your meal prep for weight loss, see Part One. But anyone can become an expert at meal prep. Once you get the basics down, you will enjoy the added benefits such as:
- Have fun grocery shopping. Try new foods.
- Meal prep is the easiest way to control your portions.
- You’ll save money by buying in bulk and freeze everything from fresh herbs to muffins and burritos. Stock up on staples and you’ll always be prepared.
- Meal prep is saves you time.
- You protect yourself against indulging in the wrong kinds of foods. By having food ready to go at meals, you won’t turn to takeout in a moment of exhaustion.
Dr. Ren-Fielding, NYU Weight Management Program Bariatric Surgeon on Lunch Meal Prep
Lunch is a time of day when many people start to lose focus on their eating plan. The old saying “If you fail to plan you plan to fail” proves true. Before you know it, you’ve eaten something fried smothered with cheese. Stay on track with meal prep for weight loss starting with one of these great options:
- Banh Mi bowls with Lemongrass Meatballs. Inspired by the traditional sandwich, these bowls are even healthier without the bread.
- For a very easy and flavorful soup, try Butternut Squash, Chicken and Quinoa Soup. Makes 6-8 servings that you can freeze ahead of time.
- These Thai Peanut Wraps are so good, you’ll look forward to lunch all morning long. The easy-to-make peanut sauce will make your coworkers envious.
- Replace your old chicken salad sandwich with this Chicken Salad Mason Jar with No Mayo Dressing. Once you try layered salads in mason jars, your lunch options become endless.
Healthy Dinner Ideas
After a long day of work, you love to spend hours in the kitchen cooking a healthy dinner, right? Wrong! Dr. Ren-Fielding, NYU Weight Management Program bariatric surgeon recommends meal prep for weight loss at dinner. Make your evenings stress-free with these delicious meals that will be ready to go when you are.
- This “fiesta in a bowl” Creamy Vegan Mexican Pasta Salad is thaw-and-eat ready. It’s also quick to prepare so you’ll win on that end too.
- For a warm and filling meal, try Slow-Cooker Moroccan Lentil Soup. It tastes even better when made ahead of time.
- These Cilantro Shrimp Lime Bowls have a Greek yogurt dressing that mixes perfectly with the lean protein and whole grains. A perfect balance of flavors.
- Make chicken three ways on one pan with these easy steps. Sriracha, mustard-based and honey BBQ flavors allow you to mix and match for easy dinners that never get boring.
With these meal prep for weight loss lunch and dinner ideas, eating healthy is a no-brainer. When you are well-prepared, you set yourself up for success. Enjoying a healthy lifestyle is possible when you arm yourself with the right resources. Dr. Ren-Fielding, NYU Weight Management Program bariatric surgeon says you can become an expert meal prepper in no time. You’ll look better and feel better.
If you would like to know more about your weight loss options, consult an expert like Dr. Ren-Fielding, NYU Weight Management Program bariatric surgeon. Visit the NYU Langone Weight Management Program for more information.